Grant Central USA has 5 openings for its Fall Grant Writing Intern & Apprenticeship program. This competitive 6 month internship selects the top 5 applicants including new and intermediate grant writers and helps them to develop their skills to a high level of proficiency.
Grant Writing Intern & Apprentice
The selected participants intern with a nonprofit organization and apprentice with a veteran grant professional at Grant Central USA.
Applications are received nationwide and each participant goes through an extensive training that prepares them to develop top-notch government and foundation grant proposals.
The apprentice will also develop their grant management skills by working on donor management and project management tools.
This grant writing internship helps to develop the business acumen of the apprentice by engaging in real life projects for 501c3 nonprofit organizations.
Major Aspects of the Internship
- Apprentice will develop 2-3 proposals during the course of their program with at least one grant application submitted to a funding agency on behalf of a 501c3 nonprofit organization
- Participant will complete an in-depth funding search for 1-2 nonprofit organizations using various research tools and databases
- A series of informational interviews will be arranged and conducted by the intern to develop their knowledge and skills in personalized areas for grant writing as an emerging development professional
- Intern will participate in one-on-one coaching sessions with veteran grant writer(s) and will work under supervised learning
- Grant Writing Certificate awarded after the successful completion of the program
- This internship is conducted virtually and is not bound to any geographic location
Deadline to apply: Oct. 30, 2012
***Important Note***(Internship requires tuition payment)
Start Date: Nov. 15, 2012
Email resume and brief letter of interest (less than 400 words) to:
Human Resource at email@example.com
To learn more please review the details of our program below.